Tuesday, March 19, 2013

RVC {Swazi} Launch


"Your word is a lamp for my feet, 
a light for my path" Psalm 119:105
Sunday February 24th, 2013 RVC Global team Swaziland ~ RVC Swazi Campus Launch Day
I'm going to start with a picture of my journal from the 24th, it was such an amazing day it is so hard to try and sum it all up in words. "The Lord did amazing things in Swaziland today... We launched the 8th campus on a third continent, all by the GRACE of God." Everything on this day was right, everything that happened on February 24thh, 2013 in Swaziland Africa was a gift from God, thanking us for our obedience.  This was the purpose of this trip, this was what our mission was, LAUNCH the church.  Go forth and do God's work, his word was a light for our path, he sent us to Swaziland.  God appointed Pastor Mduduzi to lead this church, HIS church, just as he appointed Pastor Rob to lead River Valley.  Everything fell into place on that day, everything because of his GRACE.  
Emily and I with our perfect weather
Sunrise Swazi style
The day started out with an amazing sunrise, the night before my roommate Emily and I prayed together and one of the things we prayed for was a cloudy day to make it more comfortable for those people who had to walk to church.  What did God do? He delivered an overcast day with an amazing breeze!  The church packed with people was a very comfortable place to be because God answers prayers.  Another prayer answered was one we prayed on one of our very first nights in Swazi.  Stephen Prince was telling team one about all of the opposition Pastor Mduduzi and RVC had been facing from the King and the government.  As a group we collectively prayed against that opposition and for the lord to provide peace... and what does he do? He sends a PRINCE and other community dignitaries to give their blessing to Pastor Mduduzi and to RVC-Swazi!! How amazing is that?!
Pastor Rob, the Prince and Pastor Mduduzi ~"Change Before you have to"
Another amazing thing - RVC Music in Swaziland!!! One of my favorite parts of the launch of RVC-Swazi was experiencing worship music that I would hear at home in MN, in AFRICA!!! The worship that morning was something I will never forget.  Lulu (worship leader) and her team were absolutely spectacular.  So many hands were raised to the Lord as we worshiped, it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my soul knowing that I was a part of something that was made possible by His GRACE and His LOVE.  We also worshiped in SiSwati, the bush language in Swaziland.  While I could hardly pronounce the words, the sound was sweeter than anything I had ever heard.  It was a sound of people from all over the world, worshiping the SAME God, the ONLY God.  It didn't matter it what color we were, what language we spoke or what life circumstances we were facing; we were worshiping together as children of God. 
Pastor Rob preached an amazing sermon about the vision for RVC-Swazi and what a "Life Giving Church" is.  Pastor Mduduzi spoke about being fathers to the fatherless and how Swaziland needs leaders who will show the way to the the Lord. The leaders and elders of RVC as well as community dignitaries prayed for Mduduzi and his wife Memory.


 
And lets not forget about the FUTURE of RVC-Swaziland... The KIDS!!! There were hundreds of kids who came to the launch of RVC-Swazi, Lizwi the youth pastor did an amazing job teaching the children the word of the Lord. 
Everyone was fed after service thanks to the help from some amazing women! Everyone left with full bellies and hearts filled with the word of God.  The building was blessed by the community members and Mduduzi and RVC were given their blessings.
Royalty and community members showing support for RVC
It was an absolutely AMAZING God given day that I will never as long as I live forget.  The presence of the holy spirit was unmistakeable, the love overflowing and the joy and happiness was everywhere to be found.  Here are some more photos from launch day!
Handy Men!
Nokwanda and I
Pastor Rob and Mr Swazi Prince

The AMAZING Poli's ~Jayne and Pastor Darin
 


Me, Sam, Rach, Ellie, Iliea, Nokwanda and Cici
Mr Avery Prince and his buddy

Rach, Ellie and I goofing around
The AMAZING Prince Family

Ellie and I in our pretty flowers!
Krista and Rachel

Max, Gerald and I sweeping
Chris and Max supervising
Thandeka (GLA intern) and I



My best friend of the trip Nokwanda


Children's Cup President Ben Rodgers with Steph and Krista

Taylor loving up on some kiddos





Em and I



Ellie, em and I loving it up with out Swazi Cici's
RVC-Swaziland Official Launch

 After the launch we spent the afternoon/evening in amazing fellowship with our lead team and missionary families.  We went to an amazing restaurant for dinner, there was Diet Coke which made so many of us happy! The conversation was fantastic, testimonies were shared as we ate a celebratory meal.  The view was breathtaking as usual, it was just an amazing God given day that I will never forget!!!

Stay tuned... Safari blog coming to a computer near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment