Friday, December 7, 2012

Africa Update!!!

I just wanted to write a short update for all of those that are following my journey to Swaziland Africa!! It is just a little over 2 months away, and time is FLYING by!!! I am getting so excited I can hardly stand it, I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me and this trip.
My fundraising is going great, thanks to everyone who has donated thus far!!! I have raised $2000 of the $3200 I need to, and have a few deadline coming up shortly.  I pray that the Lord will  make this trip happen for me, and I am giving him all of the trust I can muster up. My final absolute deadline is January 14th, but I am asking for donations to be in by Dec 31st so I will have an idea of what additional money I will need to pay out of pocket. If it is on your heart to donate please follow this LINK yes I know you have to enter A LOT of information, and I apologize for this! If you would rather mail a check that is also an option. They can be sent to  the following address, just place my name and "Swaziland" in the subject line.
River Valley Church 
14898 Energy Way 
Apple Valley, MN 55124

I just received yesterday an updated picture of the little girl we sponsor Nompelo, with a letter from the center she goes to. They are working on teaching the kiddos about being healthy and staying active. They have been teaching them all about hygiene and are on the lookout for kids that may be infected with HIV and getting them proper medical attention. In the picture I'm posting she is playing soccer, and check out those flower flip flops!! Definitely a girl after my own heart, there was also a picture included of her on a bike with some other kiddos.  I continue to pray that I will get to see her in February and that the Lord will make it known what she needs and what I can bring to her!

Thank you so much for keeping up with this journey, I pray that you will be impacted through these posts and through my trip!!

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family through the Holiday Season!
With Love,
Gretch

No comments:

Post a Comment