Monday, December 24, 2012

PEACE {GMG Advent}

"That's my parting gift to you PEACE! I don't leave you the way you're used to being left-feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset, don't be distraught." John 14:27

PEACE: A feeling of contentment, or calmness, a lack of fear, comfort in the unknown, TRUST.
When I think of PEACE that is what I think of, and then I think of the reasons I am able to find PEACE in this world and it is because of JESUS.  He came as a savior in the form of a baby, and died a horrific death but was able to find PEACE because it was his purpose. He gave us the gift of PEACE just as he tells us in John 14.  He is always with us even though we can't see him.

"For a child has been born-for us!
The gift of a son for us!
He will take over the running of the world.
His names will be:
Amazing counselor
Strong God
Eternal Father
Prince of PEACE" Isaiah 9:6 

It is Christmas Eve and I am at PEACE. It's not because all of the presents are wrapped [I have 3 more to do] or because I am ready for the Holiday [I have a pie to bake]. It is because I have been saved, I have been given the gift of eternal life, and what better way to find PEACE? And its SNOWING!!! The Lord has sent my favorite thing on my favorite Holiday. 

This post along with the last few posts have been part of a bible study I have been doing to prepare for Christmas.  My friend Branson has faithfully lead us for the last 4 weeks on a journey of faith and devotion.  We read a passage daily and then post it to instagram (@mrslilja) tagging the women in our group, and then reflect. It has been such an amazing spiritual journey! To have a group of women who will pray for you and be there to listen when you need to vent is amazing, and to think we have never actually met in person, and most of us live in different states! The Lord works in amazing ways, bringing PEACE through people we've never met, and guidance and answers when we least expect it! 

There are so many things I am thankful for this Christmas, but I think the one thing that makes this Christmas more special than any other is my true understanding of the reason we celebrate and my renewed faith in the Lord.  Without that FAITH and TRUST in HIM, I would not have the PEACE I currently have.

I wish your family a very Merry Christmas filled with HOPE, LOVE, JOY and PEACE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Gretch

No comments:

Post a Comment